Due to COVID-19, our capacity to produce in-person shows may be limited in the 2021-22 academic year. Though guidelines are always evolving, UT and TAPS are committed to giving students access to resources they might require, both creatively and academically. Please direct questions about in-person guidelines and resources to UT Committee (email@example.com) and TAPS Pro Staff.
Restrictions for productions in the 2021-22 school year may include:
- Face coverings required for all actors, staff, and audience members when indoors
- Socially distanced and/or limited to no seating for audience members
- Singing and dancing could be prohibited or limited
- Props must be quarantined and/or sanitized
- Limited capacity (55 people, including show staff) for events in the FXK Theater
- Advanced notice for performances with 100+ participants (including show staff and audience)
Proposals should plan for the following scenarios:
- In-person performances with no restrictions
- In-person performances with masking and/or socially distanced staging
- Virtual stream with some in-person work, plus adhere to any University and CLI COVID policies at the time which could include masks, socially distanced staging, and limited (currently 100 people, including show staff) or no audience
All University Theater-hosted events are open to invitees who are compliant with UChicago and (when applicable) Logan Center vaccination requirements, and because of ongoing health risks, particularly to the unvaccinated, participants are expected to adopt the risk mitigation measures (masking and social distancing, etc.) appropriate to their vaccination status as advised by public health officials or to their individual vulnerabilities as advised by a medical professional. Public convenings may not be safe for all and carries a risk for contracting COVID-19, particularly for those unvaccinated. Participants will not know the vaccination status of others and should follow appropriate risk mitigation measures. Click here for more information about UChicago COVID safety protocols.
All visitors to the Logan Center age 12 and older who are attending public events in venues with fixed seating must provide proof of vaccination and wear masks. By exception, visitors who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or due to a sincerely-held religious belief may provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event, or proof of a positive test 14-90 days prior to the event with affirmation that you are not experiencing any symptoms. Proof of vaccination or COVID test must be in English. University of Chicago students and staff subject to the University’s vaccine requirements may demonstrate proof of compliance by presenting their UChicago ID (UCID).