Welcome to University Theater! We’re delighted you’re thinking of becoming a designer or manager for a UT production.
Ongoing workshops may have lead design positions open and lead designers/managers on mainstages may be open to assistants, though positions often get filled as performances approach. Reach out to the directors and production managers below to get connected!
UT will be producing the following shows in Fall 2022:
- A Weekend of Workshops: The Intruder by Maurice Maeterlinck & Perfect Match, an original musical by Allegra Hatem - 4th Week, FXK Theater
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - 7th Week (11/10-11/12), FXK Theater
- Marian, or The True Tale of Robin Hood by Adam Szymkowicz - 8th Week (11/17-11/19), Theater East
Would you like to get involved as a manager or designer? Feel free to contact the following:
- The Intruder: Tyler Pleasant (Director) & Polly Ren (Production Manager)
- Perfect Match: Reese Klemm (Director) & Lena Maghraoui (Production Manager)
- Romeo and Juliet: Emily O’Heir (Director) & Eleni Lefakis, Coco Liu (Production Managers)
- Marian, Or the True Tale of Robin Hood: June Villers (Director) & Nico Giunta, Konstantin Shmarko (Production Managers)
Otherwise, to get connected with show proposals for future quarters, fill out our interest form! Show proposers will directly reach out to interested designers and managers during the proposal or preproduction processes.
Do you have any additional questions about design or management in UT? Feel free to send them to UT Committee at email@example.com!
Design & Management Interest Form
Fill out this form to get your name out to potential proposals! Proposers can view a list of interested designers and managers on this page (requires UChicago login).
Click here to open in a new tab.