Welcome to University Theater! We’re delighted you’re thinking of becoming a designer or manager for a UT production.
Ongoing workshops may have lead design positions open and lead designers/managers on mainstages may be open to assistants, though positions often get filled as performances approach. Reach out to the directors and production managers below to get connected!
UT will be producing the following shows in Spring 2022:
- The Trail to Oregon! - 6th Week Spring (5/5-5/7), Theater West
- King Lear by William Shakespeare - 7th Week Spring (5/12-5/14), Location TBD
- Scientific Method by Jenny Connell Davis - 8th Week Spring (5/19-5/21), Theater East
Would you like to get involved as a manager or designer? Feel free to contact the following:
- The Trail to Oregon!: Reese Klemm (Director), Julia Fennell (Director) & Ruhi Sah (PM)
- King Lear: Jared Zuker (Director) & Spencer Ng (PM) - assistant call in this doc
- Scientific Method: Tyler Pleasant (Director) & Lena Maghraoui (PM)
Want to see what positions are available on each show? See the production staff contacts!
Otherwise, to get connected with show proposals for future quarters, fill out our interest form! Show proposers will directly reach out to interested designers and managers during the proposal or preproduction processes.
Do you have any additional questions about design or management in UT? Feel free to send them to UT Committee at email@example.com!
Design & Management Interest Form
Fill out this form to get your name out to potential proposals! Proposers can view a list of interested designers and managers on this page (requires UChicago login).
Click here to open in a new tab.