Welcome to University Theater! We’re delighted you’re thinking of becoming a designer or manager for a UT production.
Ongoing workshops may have lead design positions open and lead designers/managers on mainstages may be open to assistants, though positions often get filled as performances approach. Reach out to the directors and production managers below to get connected!
UT will be producing the following shows in Fall & Winter 2023:
- A Weekend of Workshops: Cassandra, an original one-act play by Kassie Rivera and Strings Attached: In Concert, a new musical by Jefferson Lind with music by Althea Li & Adrian Lo, adapted from Strings Attached - 4th Week Fall, FXK Theater
- The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare - 7th Week Fall, FXK Theater
- Muscle Memory, an original play by Jordyn Flaherty - 8th Week Fall, Theater East
- TBA - 3rd Week Winter, Theater West
- Falsettos by William Finn & James Lapine - 6th Week Winter, Theater West
Would you like to get involved as a manager or designer? Feel free to contact the following:
- Cassandra: Kassie Rivera (Director) & Eleni Lefakis (Production Manager)
- Strings Attached: In Concert: Jefferson Lind (Director) & Eleni Lefakis (Production Manager)
- The Taming of the Shrew: Alex Nobert (Director) & Coco Liu (Production Manager)
- Muscle Memory: Ian Tierney (Director) & Danielle Yablonovskiy (Production Manager)
- Falsettos: Rory McGann & Emma Herzig (Director & Vocal Director), Elena Gill (Music Director), Alex Gappert (Production Manager)
Do you have any additional questions about design or management in UT? Feel free to send them to UT Committee at email@example.com!
Design & Management Interest Form
Fill out this form to get your name out to potential proposals! Proposers can view a list of interested designers and managers on this page (requires UChicago login) and may directly reach out to interested designers and managers during the proposal or preproduction processes.
Click here to open in a new tab.